Vegan Banana Bread
Updated: Jul 13, 2018
This is my go to bread when I have ripe bananas.
Oven Temperature: 350 degrees
Bake Time: 55 minutes
Prep Time: Approximately 25 minutes
1/3 cup of water
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup olive oil
3/4 cup (more or less depending on how sweet you want it) honey or maple syrup
1/3 soy milk (or any other milk alternative)
1 tsp vanilla extract (pure is best)
Optional add ons: 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh), 1 cup chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Make your flax egg by combing water and flaxseed in a small bowl. Stir and let sit.
3. Combine all of your dry ingredients (Whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt). Stir.
4. Add the olive oil, honey, soy milk, vanilla extract, and flax egg to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
5. Add the frozen blueberries, stir until combined
6. Pour mixture into baking pan:
-Use one 5" X 9" pan for thick bread
-Use two 5" X 9" pans if you like your bread less thick (takes closer to 45 minutes to bake, make sure to check on frequently)
-Use one 8" X 8" or 9" X 9" pan for a bread cake
-Challenge: Try not to eat more than 4 pieces in one day :)